With an address in Park Ridge, Illinois, Ascension Living Resurrection Place is the sole nursing home we were able to find there. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ascension Living Resurrection Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Park Ridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an B+. There are numerous criteria included in this grade. Most of the criteria reflect staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Ascension Living Resurrection Place?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this facility received a respectable long-term care grade of C. In our long-term care category, we analyze the volume of services provided by a facility, as well as some qualitative data points. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 80.63492 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit below average. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ascension Living Resurrection Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 31.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 87.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ascension Living Resurrection Place, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.99 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Fmc - Niles1.66 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis2.76 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Fmc - Des Plaines2.91 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center3.1 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.84 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Norridge4.27 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.7 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Glen Dialysis5.06 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574