Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center is a facility in Chicago, Illinois which has a total of 2,680,484 people. With an overall score of B+, this looks like a high quality nursing home. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this place. The best part of this facility's report card was is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Chicago senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In our short-term care score, we try to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with a score of A. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing scores are largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a C. While this is its lowest category grade, this is nevertheless not a poor grade. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility gave the vaccine to just 80.06135 percent of its residents, which is quite a bit lower than we expected. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 31.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 87.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ascension Living Resurrection Village Life Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 38 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.04 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis0.35 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Fmc - Norridge2.03 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis2.79 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC4.04 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis4.06 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis4.32 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Fmc - Niles4.42 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - West Belmont4.63 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500