Presence Resurrection Life Center is a large non-profit facility located in Chicago, Illinois. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. In spite of Chicago offering 79 nursing homes to select from, this one managed to stand out as a superb selection. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Presence Resurrection Life Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
7370 West Talcott Avenue,
Chicago IL 60631
68.08% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home received even higher grades in the category of short-term care. In fact, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a score of A. Short-term care ratings are vital for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in this area with 69 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Presence Resurrection Life Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing category consists of several factors, many of which are based on nursing hours. This facility offers 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day, of which more than one hour of those were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the more highly trained nurses. In calculating our nursing grades, we add more significance to hours performed by registered nurses. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these datapoints as reliable indicators of the caliber of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a C. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility administered the vaccine to only 87.65433 percent of its residents, which is slightly concerning. Nevertheless, this facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.55 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Presence Resurrection Life Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which have had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 29.52% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 87.71% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Presence Resurrection Life Center, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 78 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.04 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis0.35 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Fmc - Norridge2.03 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis2.79 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC4.04 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Montclare Dialysis4.06 miles away7009 W Belmont Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 889-6051
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis4.32 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Fmc - Niles4.42 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - West Belmont4.63 miles away4943 W Belmont Ave. Chicago Illinois 60641CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (773) 685-7500