With an address in Des Plaines, Illinois, Ascension Living Nazarethville Place is one of six available nursing homes there. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable score. This nursing home definitely has plenty going for it. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
Ascension Living Nazarethville Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A-. There are a host of datapoints included in this grade. Many of these datapoints are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed at a high level in the category of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an B+. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Ascension Living Nazarethville Place?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care, turned out to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in that category. This is one of just a couple of dings of a strong report card. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.061035 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ascension Living Nazarethville Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who have sustained a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ascension Living Nazarethville Place, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Scores for Des Plaines, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Des Plaines, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center1.63 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Des Plaines2.52 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Niles2.92 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Mount Prospect3.78 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis4.33 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Glen Dialysis4.42 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis6.08 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows6.55 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250