The Village at Summerville is an average-sized non-profit facility in Summerville, South Carolina. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires top-notch performance across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percent of all facilities in the United States. Keep reading to find this place's category grades, which are equally impressive. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
The Village at Summerville
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Summerville, South Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Summerville, South Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Summerville, South Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Short-term care scores are critical for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Summerville?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this facility also was awarded an impressive long-term care grade, with a grade of A. This rounded out a straight A profile. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Summerville Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village at Summerville, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village at Summerville, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Trident Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away9330 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston South Carolina 29406Proprietary(843) 847-4100
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away2095 Henry Tecklenburg Drive Charleston South Carolina 29414Voluntary non-profit - Private(843) 402-1006
- Jedburg Dialysis0.96 miles away2897 W 5th North St Summerville South Carolina 29483CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (843) 873-3955
- Rai Care Centers Summerville4.52 miles away109 Burton Avenue Suite A Summerville South Carolina 29485CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (843) 875-9800
- Dci Goose Creek Inc5.24 miles away98 Hamlet Circle Goose Creek South Carolina 29445Dialysis Stations: 17 (843) 863-8633
- Goose Creek Dialysis6.85 miles away109 Greenland Drive Goose Creek South Carolina 29445CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (843) 377-1199
- Rai Care Centers N Charleston7.13 miles away2450 Elms Center Road Charleston South Carolina 29406CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (843) 553-4742
- Dci Archdale9.88 miles away5300 Archdale Blvd North Charleston South Carolina 29418Dialysis Stations: 21 (843) 552-0935
- North Charleston Dialysis12.24 miles away5900 Rivers Ave Ste E Charleston South Carolina 29406CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (843) 747-3447
- Fresenius Medical Care Moncks Corner14.56 miles away112 Mccormick Circle Moncks Corner South Carolina 29461CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (843) 899-4953