Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center is a facility located in North Little Rock, Arkansas, which has 69,370 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Unfortunately, this grade isn't too far off the city grade for North Little Rock, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still may be able to find a better option Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection score. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our inspections category. This grade is much more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid places that had a long list of severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even with this deficiency, this place still received a relatively favorable inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The second best area we gave this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In computing our long-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 92.25589 percent of its patients. This is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing rating assesses quite a few components, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This place offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home received a very poor grade of F in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is considered to be a fair measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Considering its poor rating in this category, we weren't stunned to find this nursing home provides substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.09% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 95.41% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Premier Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for North Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? North Little Rock, Arkansas has 4 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 5.46 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 8.49 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.91 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Davita - North Little Rock Dialysis Ctr0.53 miles away4505 E Mccain Blvd North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 945-2323
- Davita - Diamond State Dialysis4.22 miles away9022 Landers Rd Suite E North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 834-1393
- Davita - Springhill Dialysis4.94 miles awaySpringhill Medical Plaza 3401 Springhill Dr Ste 190 North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (501) 945-3669
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis5.99 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Fmcna - East Little Rock7.57 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - Jacksonville Central Dialysis Ctr7.76 miles away400 T P White Dr Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 241-1300
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis8.75 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis9.22 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890