Premier Estates of Middletown is one of five available facilities in Middletown, Ohio. This facility was given an overall grade of F. Unfortunately, the city grade for Middletown is not too much better. Nevertheless, you still should be able to do better We were surprised to find that this facility actually received one respectable category score for inspections, which you can read more about below.
Premier Estates of Middletown
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Premier Estates of Middletown?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is well below average in this category. In forming these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. With a grade this poor for this category, we weren't stunned to find this place was well below average in several staffing metrics we looked at. It offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. Facilities that do not score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated 83.75 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be several points below what we expected. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Premier Estates of Middletown Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who have had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Premier Estates of Middletown, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Middletown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Middletown, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.83 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 17.94 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.27 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 19.95 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Davita - Atrium2.78 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis3.15 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis3.34 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County4.7 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589
- Davita - Miamisburg Dialysis7.98 miles away290 Alexandersville Dialysis Miamisburg Ohio 45342Dialysis Stations: 1 (937) 865-0633
- Fkc- Centerville Home10.77 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc10.8 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Davita - Lebanon Dialysis10.8 miles away918 B Columbus Avenue Lebanon Ohio 45036Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 934-0272