Prairie Lakes Health Campus is a small facility located in Noblesville, Indiana. With a really poor overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Based on our ratings, this nursing home likely isn't a good fit for anyone. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Prairie Lakes Health Campus
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
9730 Prairie Lakes Blvd East,
Noblesville IN 46060
94.59% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Prairie Lakes Health Campus has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, we also baked some quality measures into our nursing scores. This place was relatively weak in a few of the major metrics we look at, with below average scores for minimizing its patients' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are typically reliable measures of the quality of nursing care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Prairie Lakes Health Campus?
Short-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we gave this facility a B- for its short-term care rating, which isn't too bad of a score. Our short-term care grade is often used to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most facilities. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area with 61.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is a very poor grade. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 91.9708 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.84 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Prairie Lakes Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 1.95% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 12.55% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 91.52% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 16.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 17.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 17.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 11.18 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Prairie Lakes Health Campus, 73.66% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 15.12 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis3.77 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis3.81 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis7.25 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living7.4 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Fmc - Shadeland Station8.23 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC8.72 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Carmel8.87 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast10.05 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128