Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway is a large nursing home located in Piscataway, New Jersey. It looks like this is a very good facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable grade. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile was its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
10 Sterling Drive,
Piscataway NJ 08854
53.38% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This facility excelled in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility provided about 50% more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than a typical nursing home. This is definitely an excellent sign. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities with 70.5 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Nursing scores are primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides an incredible 4.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Very few nursing homes provide this quantity of nursing care to their patients. Out of this total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this nursing home also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. For example, in terms of the percentage of its patients suffering falls resulting in serious injury, this place performed as well as any nursing home the country. Preventing major falls is typically an indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway?
We also wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, which was this nursing home's worst category. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is obviously a bit concerning. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed. This facility's vaccination records were not as impressive as its nursing hours data. This nursing home gave the pneumonia vaccine to just 76.59575 percent of its residents. We'd like to see some improvement in this area in the future. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who have suffered from urinary tract infections. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 5.91% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 92.7% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Powerback Rehabilitation Piscataway, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.19 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway1.56 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Davita Durham Corners3.38 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- New Brunswick Dialysis3.51 miles away303 George Street Ste G-8 New Brunswick New Jersey 08901CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 937-4791
- Dci Somerset3.55 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis3.57 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593
- Fmc So Plainfield3.78 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr3.93 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis3.99 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000