With an address in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove is the sole nursing home located in the area. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is very good score. We flat out can not say enough favorable things about this facility. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3485 Davisville Road,
Hatboro PA 19040
74.12% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Hatboro, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hatboro, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more important for residents in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a B-. Even though this ended up being its poorest category score, this is nevertheless not a poor grade. Long-term care scores are essential for prospective residents seeking personal care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.21429 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 3.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 86.27% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Total Rehab+ - Willow Grove, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 5.16 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis1.33 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington1.56 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita - Abington Dialysis1.65 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis2.8 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis5.03 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis5.47 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast6.03 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC6.34 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494