With an address in Lehi, Utah, Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation is the only facility we identified in this city. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lehi senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lehi, Utah Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In our short-term care score, we strive to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive grades, we awarded this nursing home an A for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. When determining a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are seeing patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive category. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this area, which is obviously a bit of a disappointment. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 97.93815 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 11.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 1.55% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 2.62% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 6.52% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents that are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 9.19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 13.87% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 98.48% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 19.77% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 20.2% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 20.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 11.46% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pointe Meadows Health and Rehabilitation, 76.7% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- American Fork HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away170 North 1100 East American Fork Utah 84003Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 855-3305
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Timpanogos Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away750 West 800 North Orem Utah 84057Proprietary(801) 714-6800
- Orem Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.35 miles away331 North 400 West Orem Utah 84057Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 714-3300
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.4 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Lone Peak Dialysis (Dva)5.48 miles away1175 E 50 S Ste 111 American Fork Utah 84003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 763-1304
- American Fork Dialysis Center6.54 miles away1159 East 200 North Ste 150 American Fork Utah 84003Dialysis Stations: 8 (801) 763-0652
- Fmc-Riverton LLC7.6 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990
- South Mountain Dialysis9.23 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696
- South Valley Dialysis Center12.26 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)12.65 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- Fresenius Kidney Care Utah Valley13.05 miles away121 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 802-3852
- University of Utah Provo Dialysis Center16.12 miles away1675 N Freedom Blvd Ste 15 Provo Utah 84604Dialysis Stations: 14 (801) 373-0169