With an address in La Grange Park, Illinois, Plymouth Place is one of just two available nursing homes in this city. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt a very good nursing home. You really can't do any better than this facility. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
315 North La Grange Road,
La Grange Park IL 60526
76.97% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in La Grange Park, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in La Grange Park, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Plymouth Place?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a strong grade of B. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.03546 percent of its residents, which is better than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Plymouth Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Plymouth Place, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Plymouth Place, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Plymouth Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Plymouth Place, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Plymouth Place, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Plymouth Place, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Plymouth Place, 87.4% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Plymouth Place, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Plymouth Place, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Plymouth Place, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Plymouth Place, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Plymouth Place, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Plymouth Place, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Fmc - Westchester2.3 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Loyola Center for Dialysis3.32 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Fmc - Summit3.76 miles away7320 Archer Avenue Summit Argo Illinois 60501Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 594-1777
- Fmc - Berwyn3.8 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center4.55 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446
- Fmc - Willowbrook4.87 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Nx Stage Kidney Care5.16 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park5.16 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780