With an address in La Grange Park, Illinois, Plymouth Place is one of just two available nursing homes in this city. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this looks like a decent nursing home. You can definitely do worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's profile was its exemplary inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility an A+ for its inspection grade. This score is far more impressive than its overall grade. Inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, we gave this facility a score of A- in that category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Plymouth Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next highest category is long-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinates 96.478874 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
The final area we scored is nursing, which is this nursing home's least impressive area. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is certainly very disappointing. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided just 0.1 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This number is quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Plymouth Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Plymouth Place, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Plymouth Place, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Plymouth Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Plymouth Place, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Plymouth Place, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term residents that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Plymouth Place, 29.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Plymouth Place, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Plymouth Place, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Plymouth Place, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Plymouth Place, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Plymouth Place, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Plymouth Place, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Plymouth Place, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Fmc - Westchester2.3 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Loyola Center for Dialysis3.32 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Fmc - Summit3.76 miles away7320 Archer Avenue Summit Argo Illinois 60501Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 594-1777
- Fmc - Berwyn3.8 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center4.55 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446
- Fmc - Willowbrook4.87 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Nx Stage Kidney Care5.16 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park5.16 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780