Pleasantview Care Center is a large nursing home in Cleveland, Ohio. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this is a strong facility. Even in a city of 48 nursing homes, this facility is a great option. As you can find below, this facility also performed just fine in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Pleasantview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to point out its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not something to panic about.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Pleasantview Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was short-term care. This nursing home received a favorable short-term care rating this year, with a B. This facility really does not have any weak grades. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pleasantview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pleasantview Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pleasantview Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pleasantview Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pleasantview Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pleasantview Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pleasantview Care Center, 20% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pleasantview Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pleasantview Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pleasantview Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Pleasantview Care Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pleasantview Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pleasantview Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pleasantview Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.65 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Davita - Parma Dialysis1.26 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis2.13 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West4.21 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.32 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis4.42 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis4.66 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights5.72 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.93 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801