Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock is a facility located in Little Rock, Arkansas, which has a population of 214,454 people. We gave this nursing home an overall rating of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Little Rock. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it earned a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable scores in that category with a B. Inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home really excelled in our nursing category, where it earned an C. Few facilities performed better in this category. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with residents, in computing our rating in this area. This particular facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only received a D for its long-term care rating, which is well below average in this category. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinates 96.7509 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care, which ended up being a weak spot for this facility. We gave this facility a D in our short-term care category. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is considered to be a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. With its grade in this area, we were not stunned to find that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 2.07% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 95.87% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Encore Healthcare and Rehabilitation at West Little Rock, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 4.63 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 6.92 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.06 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic2.13 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis2.48 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis2.5 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC2.98 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC3.2 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.62 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.79 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis6.78 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813