Pleasant Lake Villa is a very-large nursing home located in Cleveland, Ohio. This nursing home was given a quality overall rating of B+, leading us to rank it as one of the higher quality choices in Cleveland. Even with Cleveland featuring 45 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home jumped off the page as a fine choice. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Pleasant Lake Villa
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, short-term care is its second highest category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pleasant Lake Villa?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. The nursing category assesses many components, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home was given a decent long-term care rating. Although this isn't quite as good as several of its other scores, this is still not a major area of concern. With our long-term care grade, we look at the amount of services provided by a facility, along with a few quality metrics. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.292725 percent of its residents. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pleasant Lake Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 4.39% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 1.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 1.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 3.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 8.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 44.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 97.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 13.65% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 18.89% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 18.89% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 16.6% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pleasant Lake Villa, 69.11% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 44 other nursing homes
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Davita - Parma Dialysis1.06 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis1.95 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West4.07 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.09 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis4.33 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis4.67 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights5.67 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.84 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801