Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Jackson, Mississippi. Our scoring scheme was not favorable to this facility, as we gave it an overall score of F. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is not a good fit for any prospective resident. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
We were not high on this nursing home's overall scores or its category scores. We gave it a grade of just just D in nursing and that proved to be its highest score. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next highest category was short-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Based on its weak rating in this category, we weren't stunned to discover this facility offers substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Does this page answer your questions about Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second worse score was long-term care, where it received just a D in that area. This is a well below average grade. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our measures relating to patient care. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated only 57.46269 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Moving on the last category of inspections, this nursing home really did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in our inspection category. We would advise paying close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection rating. We suggest you pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies identified by CMS had potential to create actual harm to patients. Finally, we want to point out that this facility received large government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This generally signifies that a nursing home's bad track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents which have had UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients which were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 2.3% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 93.75% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pleasant Hills Com Liv Center, 69.18% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 9.89 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Fmc Southwest Jackson0.26 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc0.46 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Isd Renal Inc2.85 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.4.93 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC4.96 miles away105 Johnston Place Clinton Mississippi 39056Dialysis Stations: 14 (601) 925-9296
- Medical Mall Dialysis4.99 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home5.28 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Fmc Jackson6.58 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652