Plaza Healthcare is on a list of 11 facilities in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is a strong facility. Remarkably, the facilities in Scottsdale received high grades across the board, making this one of the best places in Arizona to find a nursing home. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Blood Administration
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Plaza Healthcare?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing rating is based on a number of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. We gave this facility one of our better scores in this area, with a grade of B. This facility ended up being strong in each area we assessed. Short-term care grades are generally employed to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Plaza Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Plaza Healthcare, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Plaza Healthcare, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Plaza Healthcare, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Plaza Healthcare, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Plaza Healthcare, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Plaza Healthcare, 3.1% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Plaza Healthcare, 80.03% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Plaza Healthcare, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Plaza Healthcare, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Plaza Healthcare, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Plaza Healthcare, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Plaza Healthcare, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Plaza Healthcare, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.13 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 6.25 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.45 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)0.5 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.23 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale2.69 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Red Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)4.14 miles away1211 N Country Club Dr Ste 4 Mesa Arizona 85201Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 833-7440
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)4.24 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Fresenius Kidney Care Desert Sage4.42 miles away4901 W Mcdowell Road Suite 120 Phoenix Arizona 85035Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 272-3116
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)5.37 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)5.41 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831