Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing is an average-sized facility located in Brackenridge, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is a decent facility. Based on our analysis, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best area was short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. There are several factors included in this area. Many of these subcategories are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B-. In computing our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living received by the nursing home's residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 95.77465 percent of its residents, which is a very solid statistic. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 3.23% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 88.5% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Platinum Ridge Center for Rehab & Healing, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Allegheny Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away1301 Carlisle St Natrona Heights Pennsylvania 15065Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 224-5100
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.35 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 16.66 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.86 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Davita Allegheny Valley Dialysis0.99 miles away1620 Pacific Avenue Heights Plaza Shopping Center Natrona Heights Pennsylvania 15065Dialysis Stations: 11 (724) 224-4382
- Dci of New Kensington3.76 miles away722 Fourth Avenue New Kensington Pennsylvania 15068Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 339-1772
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.77 miles away1 Kensington Square B New Kensington Pennsylvania 15068Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 335-2876
- Davita - Harmarville Dialysis6.48 miles away791 Freeport Road Cheswick Pennsylvania 15024Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 274-9281
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Harmar Village6.54 miles away725 Freeport Road Cheswick Pennsylvania 15024Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 823-5422
- Dci of Parks Bend8.62 miles away1143 Industrial Park Road Vandergrift Pennsylvania 15690Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 845-3313
- Davita - Penn Hills Dialysis11.31 miles away202 Rodi Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (412) 371-1102
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Penn Hills11.43 miles away11624 Keleket Drive Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 244-3931