Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. This is a quality nursing home with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to learn that many of the other facilities in Fort Lauderdale received similar scores. Fort Lauderdale offers a double digit count of other nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to check out too many others. This one is a high quality option. This place also received very consistent ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.07843 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are numerous factors included in this grade. Most of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an above average grade of B. In our short-term care score, we attempt to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Plantation Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.15 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 9.23 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Fmc Dialysis Services - Ft Lauderdale2.03 miles away3863 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33312CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 321-7772
- Plantation Dialysis - Plantation2.39 miles away7061 Cypress Rd Ste 103 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (954) 583-2100
- Lauderhill Dialysis2.5 miles away2916 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33313CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 731-6044
- Florida Kidney Center2.7 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Plantation Home Training2.96 miles away8144 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 473-9138
- Fresenius Kidney Care-East Fort Lauderdale3.32 miles away2301 W Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33311Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 676-3897
- Pine Island Kidney Center4.05 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC4.18 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293