Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center is in Saint Cloud, Florida. This is a quality nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Saint Cloud. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4641 Old Canoe Creek Road,
Saint Cloud FL 34769
88.91% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall rating, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 91.84211 percent of its patients, which is slightly lower than we expected. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our more positive grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more meaningful for individuals requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next category we analyzed is nursing. For that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Our nursing score considers numerous subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, while this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' health.
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Cloud, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Cloud, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 8.72 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.04 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis4.16 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271
- Kissimmee Home Training6.88 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Kissimmee Dialysis7.03 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Osceola7.31 miles away14522 Landstar Blvd Suite 108 Orlando Florida 32824Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 870-1880
- St Cloud Dialysis7.54 miles away4750 Old Canoe Creek Rd Saint Cloud Florida 34769CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (407) 498-0018
- Hunters Creek Dialysis9.66 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC10.59 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Poinciana Dialysis11.26 miles away1002 Cypress Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (321) 697-5658