Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center is an average-sized nursing home in Pineville, North Carolina. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires solid scores in most areas. Based on our ratings, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded strong scores in the category of short-term care as well. Indeed, we gave it one of our most dominant grades in that area with a score of A-. Our short-term care grade is typically used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was given favorable long-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded it one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a score of B. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 98.78788 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was given an acceptable nursing score. While this wasn't nearly as good as several of its other category grades, this is really not a major area of concern. Our nursing rating weighs several factors, however, the paramount one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who had a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 3.01% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 87.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pineville Rehabilitation and Living Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Piedmont Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away222 S Herlong Ave Rock Hill South Carolina 29730Proprietary(803) 329-1234
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 15.57 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 18.17 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.17 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- South Charlotte Dialysis3.45 miles away6450 Bannington Road Charlotte North Carolina 28226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (704) 542-9499
- Bma Nations Ford3.88 miles away7901 England Street Charlotte North Carolina 28273CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (704) 552-9102
- Fort Mill Dialysis4.87 miles away1975 Carolina Place Dr Fort Mill South Carolina 29708CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (803) 802-3027
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Charlotte5.41 miles away14166 Steele Creek Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28275Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 504-2667
- Fmc of Fort Mill5.65 miles away535 River Crossing Drive Fort Mill South Carolina 29715CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (803) 802-2480
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit9.38 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Fresenius Medical Care Charlotte9.91 miles away928 Baxter Street Charlotte North Carolina 28204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 348-2950
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis10.07 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299