Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center is one of 27 facilities located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This city has far more nursing homes compared to most other cities in the country. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. While there's nothing wrong with a B-, we wanted to point out that Saint Petersburg received a city grade of B+ so there are some good options in this city. The best part of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall score is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that area, with an A+. This is a much better score than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we gave this facility a grade of A in that category. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility an impressive grade of D. In computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the number of hours nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of the nurses. With a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is short-term care, which ended up being this facility's least impressive category. It received a lowly F for this category, which is certainly a major disappointment. In our short-term care category, we strive to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pinellas Point Nursing and Rehab Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 3.92 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.44 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South0.99 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg3.21 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg South Dialysis3.55 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg3.78 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis3.88 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- St Petersburg Kidney Care4.05 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.14 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- H Street North - St Petersburg4.9 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654