Pine Run Health Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This is a grade A facility, which is a high-end grade. We can't find many negative things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. This facility also received strong grades in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Pine Run Health Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
777 Ferry Road,
Doylestown PA 18901
84.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this facility also received an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received dominant marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it was given one of our highest grades in that area with a score of A+. In our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. This place excelled in two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility supplied about 50% more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than a typical facility. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in Pennsylvania in this area with 64.3 percent of its patients returning home. With most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pine Run Health Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing grade weighs quite a few datapoints, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 4.6 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This was one of the better totals we found. Furthermore, a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. In addition to looking at levels of nursing care, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these areas as reliable indicators of the caliber of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this nursing home received a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out a very strong report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to providing elite levels of nursing care, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. The last datapoint we assessed was its hospitalization rate. We found that this facility had 2.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pine Run Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pine Run Health Center, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pine Run Health Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pine Run Health Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pine Run Health Center, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pine Run Health Center, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pine Run Health Center, 3.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pine Run Health Center, 89.35% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pine Run Health Center, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pine Run Health Center, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Pine Run Health Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pine Run Health Center, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pine Run Health Center, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pine Run Health Center, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 9.33 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 14.76 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus2.63 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown4.14 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.91 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis8.13 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson8.16 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita North Wales Dialysis9.52 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis9.84 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington11.66 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595