With an address in Roseville, California, Pine Creek Care Center is one of four available facilities in this area. Featuring an overall score of A-, this facility is ranked among the highest graded nursing homes in Roseville, which offers some very good nursing homes. Based on our ratings, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Pine Creek Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very impressive short-term care grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. The nursing score consists of many factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Pine Creek Care Center?
Another quality feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B-. This actually is this nursing home's worst category. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. Long-term care grades are important for individuals seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 99.386505 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pine Creek Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pine Creek Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pine Creek Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pine Creek Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pine Creek Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pine Creek Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pine Creek Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pine Creek Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pine Creek Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pine Creek Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Pine Creek Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pine Creek Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pine Creek Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pine Creek Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Roseville, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Roseville, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 7.59 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Rai Harding Blvd1.39 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071
- Davita Roseville Dialysis Center1.81 miles away1836 Sierra Gardens Dr., Suite 150 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 772-0306
- Antelope Dialysis Center2.68 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Rai Secret Ravine Parkway2.96 miles away1451 Secret Ravine Parkway Suite 130 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 773-4000
- Rai Fairway Rocklin4.43 miles away6000 Fairway Drive Ste #14 Rocklin California 95677Dialysis Stations: 14 (916) 624-3871
- Orangevale Dialysis Center5.07 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic5.95 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644
- North Highlands Dialysis Center6.03 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368