Excelcare at Manalapan is a large facility located in Englishtown, New Jersey. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the higher-rated facilities we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires very strong marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the United States. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Excelcare at Manalapan
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Englishtown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a first-rate long-term care score. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Excelcare at Manalapan?
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its fine assessment, this facility also was given a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A-. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last category we rated is nursing, in which this facility was given a B-. This was this nursing home's weakest area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. Our nursing rating features a number of factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Excelcare at Manalapan Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 6.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Excelcare at Manalapan, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.14 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 20 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Davita Freehold Dialysis1.67 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe5.46 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Dci Freehold5.7 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Monroe Township Dialysis6.38 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Dci Monroe6.52 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Davita East Brunswick7.31 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Matawan Dialysis8.89 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan8.93 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471