With an address in Newtown, Pennsylvania, Pickering Manor Home is one of a mere three facilities in the city. This nursing home is a grade A facility, which is a truly elite score. In our view, this nursing home would be a great choice for just about anybody. Scroll down to see this place's category grades, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Pickering Manor Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Newtown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Newtown, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Our inspection ratings are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant grades, this nursing home received first-rate short-term care score. In fact, it received a grade of A in this category. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pickering Manor Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this facility received an impressive grade grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pickering Manor Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pickering Manor Home, 17.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pickering Manor Home, 2.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pickering Manor Home, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pickering Manor Home, 10.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pickering Manor Home, 13.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pickering Manor Home, 1.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pickering Manor Home, 99.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pickering Manor Home, 14.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pickering Manor Home, 8.13% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Pickering Manor Home, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pickering Manor Home, 8.13% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pickering Manor Home, 9.74% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pickering Manor Home, 56.58% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.89 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.28 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.0.99 miles away105 Terry Drive Suite 118 Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 968-3064
- Newtown Dialysis Center1.15 miles away60 Blacksmith Road Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 18 (267) 757-8060
- Langhorne Dialysis Center4.1 miles away880 Town Center Drive Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (215) 757-4115
- Dialysis Center at Oxford Court4.19 miles away930 Town Center Drive, Suite G-100 Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047Dialysis Stations: 14 (215) 750-9831
- Fmc Ewing7.65 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.97 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis8.1 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Bristol Dialysis LLC8.45 miles away1900 Frost Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 785-0382