Phoenix Mountain Post Acute is a large nursing home located in Phoenix, Arizona. This facility was given an overall grade of D, which is a subpar score. Keep in mind that Phoenix received a city grade of B, so should look at some other options in the city as well. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it is able to raise its standard of care going forward.
Phoenix Mountain Post Acute
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
13232 North Tatum Blvd,
Phoenix AZ 85032
86.3% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Phoenix Mountain Post Acute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that Phoenix Mountain Post Acute has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Note: Phoenix Mountain Post Acute has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we gave it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This score is more respectable than the place's overall grade. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing grade considers several datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. This place performed admirably in this metric. Avoiding serious falls is usually a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be prevented if a facility offers enough nurses to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Phoenix Mountain Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category ended up being its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a B-. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in that category. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.57 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 8.68 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)2.25 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)5.7 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)6.16 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Desert Valley Dialysis (Fmc)7.32 miles away3815 E. Bell Road Ste. 1100 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 788-0755
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)7.51 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)8.04 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)8.06 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale8.3 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455