Phoebe Wyncote is a small non-profit nursing home in Wyncote, Pennsylvania. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility, which is the most impressive score we offer. We rated this facility as one of the top 100 facilities in Pennsylvania, which is a distinguished list. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
208 Fernbrook Avenue,
Wyncote PA 19095
76.89% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Wyncote, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wyncote, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wyncote, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall rating, this facility also received an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its long-term care score. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 68.70748 percent of its patients. This is somewhat lower than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Phoebe Wyncote?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. The nursing rating includes several datapoints, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this facility also was given a first-rate short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. This completed a very favorable profile. In computing these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Phoebe Wyncote Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Phoebe Wyncote, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Phoebe Wyncote, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Phoebe Wyncote, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Phoebe Wyncote, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Phoebe Wyncote, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Phoebe Wyncote, 3.3% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Phoebe Wyncote, 86.27% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Phoebe Wyncote, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Phoebe Wyncote, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Phoebe Wyncote, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Phoebe Wyncote, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Phoebe Wyncote, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Phoebe Wyncote, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.81 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.77 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis0.5 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC2 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis2.53 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney2.57 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Sahara Dialysis, LLC2.76 miles away133 Cheltenham Avenue Cheltenham Pennsylvania 19012CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 635-1870
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.09 miles away301 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 844-1976
- Davita - Northern Philadelphia3.18 miles away5933 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 549-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall3.26 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181