Phoebe Wyncote is a small non-profit nursing home in Wyncote, Pennsylvania. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the most impressive ratings we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities nationally. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall score, this facility excelled in our inspections category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for this area. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 75.91241 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Phoebe Wyncote?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. When determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this nursing home was given a very strong short-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this area, topping off one of our more favorable profiles. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Phoebe Wyncote Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Phoebe Wyncote, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Phoebe Wyncote, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Phoebe Wyncote, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Phoebe Wyncote, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Phoebe Wyncote, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Phoebe Wyncote, 3.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Phoebe Wyncote, 88.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Phoebe Wyncote, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Phoebe Wyncote, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Phoebe Wyncote, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Phoebe Wyncote, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Phoebe Wyncote, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Phoebe Wyncote, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.81 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.77 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis0.5 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC2 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis2.53 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney2.57 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704
- Sahara Dialysis, LLC2.76 miles away133 Cheltenham Avenue Cheltenham Pennsylvania 19012CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 635-1870
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.09 miles away301 W. Chelten Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19144Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 844-1976
- Davita - Northern Philadelphia3.18 miles away5933 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 549-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall3.26 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181