Phillips Manor Nursing Home is a small nursing home located in Lynn, Massachusetts. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is clearly a phenomenal facility. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. Keep reading to find this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Phillips Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lynn, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. We were not able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ for its long-term care score. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Phillips Manor Nursing Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. When calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this nursing home also was given a very strong short-term care score, with a grade of A-. This wrapped up a first-rate profile. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Phillips Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who had falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)2.48 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis3.39 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.79 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.5 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Fmc Services of Stoneham7.12 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center8.05 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)8.31 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center8.57 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052