Phillips Manor Nursing Home is a small nursing home located in Lynn, Massachusetts. Featuring an overall grade of A, this is undoubtedly a superb facility. Based on the data we reviewed, you can not go wrong here. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Phillips Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
28 Linwood Road,
Lynn MA 01905
52.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lynn, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection grades are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. It doesn't look like we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to point out the fact that this facility was given an elite score of A in our long-term care category. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Phillips Manor Nursing Home?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing rating consists of many components, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility was awarded a highly favorable short-term care score. We awarded it a grade of A- in this category, giving this facility straight A's. Short-term care scores are meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Phillips Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which sustained falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 2.48% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 91.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Phillips Manor Nursing Home, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)2.48 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis3.39 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.79 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.5 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Fmc Services of Stoneham7.12 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center8.05 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)8.31 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center8.57 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052