With an address in Harleysville, Pennsylvania, Peter Becker Community is the lone nursing home we were able to find in the city. With an A overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This is just about as good of a place as you're going to find. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Peter Becker Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home also earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A+. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Peter Becker Community?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are a variety of datapoints within this area. Most of the criteria are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care, where this facility was given a B. While this ended up being its worst category grade, this is nevertheless a favorable rating. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Peter Becker Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Peter Becker Community, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Peter Becker Community, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Peter Becker Community, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients that experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Peter Becker Community, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Peter Becker Community, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Peter Becker Community, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Peter Becker Community, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Peter Becker Community, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Peter Becker Community, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Peter Becker Community, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Peter Becker Community, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Peter Becker Community, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Peter Becker Community, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 12.34 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis5.45 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.29 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis6.65 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.38 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis10.26 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Limerick10.88 miles away420 West Linfield Trappe Road Building B, Suite 100 Royersford Pennsylvania 19468CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 495-0010
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton10.93 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.11.46 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760