Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is located in Perrysburg, Ohio. The city has a total of 37,002 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A score in this range typically suggests a few concerning datapoints. If you are not satisfied with this facility's mediocre overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are five other nursing homes in Perrysburg. Finally, there was an ownership change at this facility in the last year. Ideally, their performance will improve under new ownership.
Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this place overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections category. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with too many deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Our nursing rating weighs numerous datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the road score in the category of long-term care, with a grade of C. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 95.85492 percent of its patients. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. As you might expect, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 90.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Perrysburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Perrysburg, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Perrysburg, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 5.1 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.89 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Davita - Northwood Dialysis4.37 miles away611 Lemoyne Road Northwood Ohio 43619CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 698-3423
- Davita Starr Dialysis5.52 miles away403 E. Broadway St. Toledo Ohio 43605Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 691-3227
- University of Toledo Medical Center5.57 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Davita - Southland Dialysis5.6 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis5.63 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Davita Lucas County Home Training5.72 miles away2702 Navarre Ave Oregon Ohio 43616Dialysis Stations: 1 (419) 691-1514
- Davita - Maumee Bay Dialysis5.91 miles away3310 Dustin Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Dialysis Stations: 18 (419) 697-2191
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.12 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762