Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation with has 1,526,206 people. It looks like this is a quality facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. If you take a look at the other options in Philadelphia, we suspect you will find this place to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A+ for our inspection category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in the category of long-term care. As a result, we gave it a grade of A- for that category, which happens to be one of our higher grades. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B in this area. With our short-term care category, we seek to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The final category we looked at was nursing, in which this nursing home was awarded a C. This was this facility's least impressive area. This is still not a bad grade. The nursing grade includes a number of data points. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents that had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many would argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pennypack Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.35 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.1.04 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center1.54 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center1.61 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth1.65 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis1.66 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center2.31 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Isd Renal, Inc2.54 miles away6501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 6581 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 288-4671
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northeast Philadelphia2.61 miles away900 East Howell Street, Suite A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 831-6170