With an address in West Chester, Pennsylvania, Aventura at Pembrooke is one of five facilities in this area. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Aventura at Pembrooke
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to note that this facility received favorable long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our better scores in this area, with a B. This proved to be the nursing home's second strongest grade. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 77.20798 percent of its residents, which is a few points lower than we were hoping for. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Aventura at Pembrooke?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. In computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are seeing patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category was short-term care, which is the final area we analyzed. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area. Even with multiple respectable grades in other categories, this grade is still disappointing so we wanted to make a note of it. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its poor grade in this area, we were not shocked to discover this place provides far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aventura at Pembrooke Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 3.23% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aventura at Pembrooke, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for West Chester, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? West Chester, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.6 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 13.03 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.58 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis1.17 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester1.54 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Dialyze Direct Pa LLC5.72 miles away495 Thomas Jones Way, Suite 300 Exton Pennsylvania 19341Dialysis Stations: 1 (484) 870-9260
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc6.47 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Riddle Dialysis Center8.13 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.8.22 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Davita - Thorndale Dialysis9.76 miles away3243 Lincoln Highway Thorndale Pennsylvania 19372CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 384-3902
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc9.8 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130