Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs is a senior living facility in Stone Mountain, Georgia. The city has a total of 112,402 people. With an B+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. This facility truly has plenty going for it. This nursing home also received strong grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5610 New Bermuda Road,
Stone Mountain GA 30087
56.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A for our short-term care grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is often a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. It does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be a real strength for this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country with 66 percent of its residents returning home. This is a much higher rate than most nursing homes.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its recent inspections. In fact, we awarded it an B+ for that area. Inspection grades are based on several items found on the a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our better grades in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.85057 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.12 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes.
Moving on to our next category, this facility was given a strong nursing score. This facility did not prove to have any weak links. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these data points as predictive measures of the caliber of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 5.36% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 93.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 13.63 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 15.03 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Rockbridge Dialysis1.67 miles away8032 Rockbridge Road Lithonia Georgia 30058Dialysis Stations: 13 (678) 526-8340
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc2.5 miles away4455 Stone Mountain Hwy Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 344-1586
- Fmc of Snellville Inc4.98 miles away2096 Mcgee Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 985-6656
- Nephron Corporation5.76 miles away2290 Oak Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 879-1231
- Fresenius Medical Care Stone Mountain5.91 miles away5723 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 836-0251
- Mountain Park Dialysis5.91 miles away5235 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 296-1344
- Veritas Dialysis5.91 miles away5329 Memorial Drive Suite B Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 262-4181
- Davita Snellville Dialysis6.22 miles away2135 Main Street East Suite 130 Snellville Georgia 30078CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 979-3117