Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs is a small nursing home located in Stone Mountain, Georgia. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is among the top grades that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, this facility is one of the 50 best nursing homes in Georgia. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Stone Mountain, Georgia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Stone Mountain, Georgia Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Stone Mountain, Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very impressive short-term care score. This turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end profile, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care area. In fact, it received a score of A for that category. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.71795 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A-. Our inspection ratings are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The last category we analyzed is nursing. This facility was given a strong nursing score this year, with a B. While this wasn't nearly as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of our stronger scores in that category. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who had falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 93.36% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pebblebrook Health Center at Park Springs, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 13.63 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 15.03 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Rockbridge Dialysis1.67 miles away8032 Rockbridge Road Lithonia Georgia 30058Dialysis Stations: 13 (678) 526-8340
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc2.5 miles away4455 Stone Mountain Hwy Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 344-1586
- Fmc of Snellville Inc4.98 miles away2096 Mcgee Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 985-6656
- Nephron Corporation5.76 miles away2290 Oak Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 879-1231
- Fresenius Medical Care Stone Mountain5.91 miles away5723 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 836-0251
- Mountain Park Dialysis5.91 miles away5235 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 296-1344
- Veritas Dialysis5.91 miles away5329 Memorial Drive Suite B Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 262-4181
- Davita Snellville Dialysis6.22 miles away2135 Main Street East Suite 130 Snellville Georgia 30078CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 979-3117