Peabody Manor is a facility in Appleton, Wisconsin, a city with a population of 116,633 people. With an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly an elite nursing home. Indeed, this turned out to be the number one rated facility in Appleton. This facility was also given strong scores in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2600 S Heritage Woods Dr,
Appleton WI 54915
57.24% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. In determining our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 50% more services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a very favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities with 74 percent of its patients returning home.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides an incredible 5.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Very few nursing homes provide this quantity of nursing care to their patients. Out of this total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the more highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of care, this nursing home was also above average in each of the major quality measures we looked at in this category. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Peabody Manor?
We gave this facility an A for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we looked at, this nursing home received a very favorable grade of A in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility finished off a straight A profile. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. This facility's vaccination records lagged a bit behind a few of its other data points in this area, such as its nursing hours. It administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 82.97872 percent of its residents. We would love to see some improvement herein this statistic in the future. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Peabody Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Peabody Manor, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Peabody Manor, 3.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Peabody Manor, 3.01% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Peabody Manor, 13.02% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Peabody Manor, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Peabody Manor, 6.7% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Peabody Manor, 91.56% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Peabody Manor, 13.47% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Peabody Manor, 22.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Peabody Manor, 22.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Peabody Manor, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Peabody Manor, 74.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Appleton, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Appleton, Wisconsin has 4 other nursing homes
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Appleton IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away1818 N Meade St Appleton Wisconsin 54911Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 731-4101
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 3.92 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Aurora Medical Ctr OshkoshAcute Care Hospitals 17.08 miles away855 N Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 456-6000
- Thedacare Medical Center New LondonCritical Access Hospitals 18.57 miles away1405 Mill St New London Wisconsin 54961Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 531-2000
- Ascension Calumet HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.56 miles away614 Memorial Drive Chilton Wisconsin 53014Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 849-2386
- Fmc Dialysis - Appleton3.33 miles away2701 N Oneida St, Ste E Appleton Wisconsin 54911CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (920) 997-8600
- Fmc - Neenah3.96 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861
- Fmc - Kaukauna8.92 miles away2259 Progress Way Kaukauna Wisconsin 54130Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 759-4540
- Davita - Oshkosh Dialysis16.11 miles awayDialysis Unit 855 North Westhaven Drive Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 303-0650
- Fresenius Medical Care Oshkosh LLC18.25 miles away2700 W 9th Ave Suite 101a Oshkosh Wisconsin 54904Dialysis Stations: 10 (920) 223-4990
- Davita - Chilton Dialysis19.74 miles away425 Mb Lane Chilton Wisconsin 53014Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 849-3390