Trinity Community at Fairborn is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Fairborn, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some decent marks. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Trinity Community at Fairborn
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
789 Stoneybrook Trail,
Fairborn OH 45324
84.25% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in this category with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. When calculating our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This facility averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Community at Fairborn ?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable category is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the pack grade in this category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.47292 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is a fair grade in this category. Our short-term care scores are presumably most important for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Community at Fairborn Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have had a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 88.91% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Community at Fairborn , 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.95 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.93 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis1.92 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis5.81 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis - North7.31 miles away7211 Shull Road Dayton Ohio 45424CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (937) 237-2000
- Davita Huber Heights Dialysis9.02 miles away7769 Old Country Court Dayton Ohio 45424Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 237-0769
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East10.17 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Davita - Dayton East at Home10.17 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Davita Southwest Ohio Dialysis10.71 miles away215 South Allison Avenue Xenia Ohio 45385Dialysis Stations: 16 (937) 376-1453
- Davita - Buckeye Dialysis11.73 miles away3050 S Dixie Dr Dayton Ohio 45409CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 643-2337