Parma Care Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Cleveland, Ohio. This nursing home was given a very respectable overall rating of B, which is better than most of the facilities in Cleveland. Despite Cleveland offering 48 nursing homes to choose from, this one looks like a fine selection. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Parma Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned first-rate inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an A+. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Parma Care Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave it a B- in this area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 97.683395 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parma Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Parma Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Parma Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Parma Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Parma Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Parma Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Parma Care Center, 20% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Parma Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Parma Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Parma Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Parma Care Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Parma Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Parma Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parma Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis1.7 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis2.15 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Parma Dialysis3.49 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Community Dialysis Center3.68 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis3.75 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis3.76 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Cleveland Home Dialysis3.97 miles away9729 Granger Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Dialysis Stations: 4 (216) 438-7325
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.4.12 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801