Parkview Care Center is a nursing home in Denver, Colorado which has a population of 958,706 people. We awarded this nursing home an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. In spite of Denver offering 42 other nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home jumped off the page as a first-rate option. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Parkview Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this place also earned top notch government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in this area, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other accomplishments is its first-rate long-term care score. We gave them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 84.82143 percent of its patients. This is a few points lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Parkview Care Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating assesses quite a few factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a B-. Even though this proved to be its least impressive category grade, this is nevertheless not a terrible score. In forming these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parkview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Parkview Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Parkview Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who have had falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Parkview Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Parkview Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Parkview Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Parkview Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Parkview Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Parkview Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Parkview Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Parkview Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parkview Care Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)2.41 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)2.97 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)3.09 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)3.13 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)3.14 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)4.42 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Mile High Pd (Dva)4.42 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939