Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center is a facility in Massapequa, New York. This city has a total of 53,804 people. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Massapequa. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category grades was in the category of long-term care. This ended up being its second most favorable category. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 98.185486 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This place provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care. It received an abysmal F in this category, which is a very poor grade. Short-term care scores are critical for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its score in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we assessed. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.4 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.2% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 91.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parkview Care and Rehabilitation Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away1000 Montauk Highway West Islip New York 11795Voluntary non-profit - Church(631) 376-3000
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Southside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away301 East Main Street Bay Shore New York 11706Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 968-3000
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 12.47 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Davita Long Island Renal Care2.76 miles away3460 Great Neck Road Amityville New York 11701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 532-6969
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.3.15 miles away185 S 10th Street Lindenhurst New York 11757Dialysis Stations: 18 (631) 956-6060
- Fresenius Kidney Care Bellmore4.76 miles away250 Pettit Avenue Bellmore New York 11710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 679-3090
- Mills Pond Dialysis Center, LLC5.07 miles away134 Great East Neck Road West Babylon New York 11704Dialysis Stations: 11 (631) 539-5600
- Nyu Langone Hospitals5.71 miles away530 Hicksville Road The Dialysis Center @ Bethpage Bethpage New York 11714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (516) 663-4980
- New York Dialysis Services Inc.6.61 miles away760 South Broadway Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 827-1370
- Davita Freeport Kidney Center7.26 miles away351 South Main Street Freeport New York 11520CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (516) 623-1786
- Main Street Dialysis Center, LLC7.58 miles away3 North Main Street Freeport New York 11520Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 771-7112