Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is the only facility we found in Royersford, Pennsylvania. This facility is a subpar facility. A grade in this range suggests we found a few red flags. Based on our ratings, this place likely isn't the best fit for most prospective residents. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1600 Black Rock Road,
Royersford PA 19468
54.62% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it did receive a respectable nursing grade of B-. When computing our nursing grades, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. Our long-term care scores are more critical for people requiring more conventional assistance associated with personal care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 40.62851 percent of its residents against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.5 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
This facility received slightly below average inspections in recent years. We awarded them a grade of C in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home had 2 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates this facility dodged the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category was short-term care, which is the last area we looked at. In this area, we awarded this facility a D. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most important for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. This facility a bit in this metric as well, with just 46.1 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.38% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 89.35% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parkhouse Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.3 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.82 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Limerick2.91 miles away420 West Linfield Trappe Road Building B, Suite 100 Royersford Pennsylvania 19468CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 495-0010
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Pottstown7.33 miles away2223 East High St. Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (610) 705-1895
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc8.32 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- u.s. Renal Care - Pottstown9.27 miles away5 South Sunnybrook Road, Suite 500 Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (610) 718-1127
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East9.38 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Total Renal Care, Inc.9.42 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton10.36 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776