Park View Post Acute is in Santa Rosa, California. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this facility is one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it ahead of most of the facilities in Santa Rosa, which boasts a good selection of nursing homes. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category scores. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Park View Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A for that category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is often a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. There are numerous datapoints within this area. Most of the subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Park View Post Acute?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable long-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Finally, we wanted to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless inspections. We awarded them a B+ in this category. This wraps up a very strong report card for this facility. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park View Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park View Post Acute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park View Post Acute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who have had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park View Post Acute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park View Post Acute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park View Post Acute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park View Post Acute, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park View Post Acute, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park View Post Acute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park View Post Acute, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Park View Post Acute, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park View Post Acute, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park View Post Acute, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park View Post Acute, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 5.09 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.97 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Bma Santa Rosa1.76 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa4.69 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.01 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park7.37 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North7.77 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor9.87 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma13.71 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis14 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293