Park Regency Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in La Habra, California. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a very good facility. Based on our ratings, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Park Regency Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on La Habra senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, this place excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many facilities fared better in that category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Adding to its strong performance in other categories, we gave this nursing home an B+ for nursing. We looked at the skill-level of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Regency Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a grade of B. In crafting our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home was given a favorable long-term care score this year, with a B. This nursing home really does not have any weak areas. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Regency Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Regency Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Regency Care Center, 1.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Regency Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Regency Care Center, 5.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Regency Care Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Regency Care Center, 0.39% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Regency Care Center, 100% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Regency Care Center, 3.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Regency Care Center, 6.9% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
In Park Regency Care Center, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Regency Care Center, 6.9% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Regency Care Center, 11.25% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Regency Care Center, 97.37% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Davita La Habra Dialysis0.59 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430
- Whittier Kidney Dialysis Center1.62 miles away16417 E. Whittier Blvd. Whittier California 90603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (562) 947-8999
- Davita-Whittier Dialysis Center2.14 miles away10055 Whittwood Drive, Suite A Whittier California 90603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (562) 947-1808
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic2.18 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis3.37 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center3.94 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Hacienda Dialysis Center4.32 miles away2020 S. Hacienda Blvd., Suite G Hacienda Heights California 91745Dialysis Stations: 19 (626) 968-9558
- Davta Rowland Heights Dialysis4.69 miles away17875 Colima Rd, Suite A Rowland Heights California 91748Dialysis Stations: 33 (626) 964-5849