Park Regency Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in La Habra, California. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a very good facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Park Regency Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, this place excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Not many facilities fared better in that category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in calculating our grade in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Regency Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility an above average grade of B. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Regency Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Regency Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Regency Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Regency Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Regency Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Regency Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Regency Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Regency Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Regency Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Regency Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Park Regency Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Regency Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Regency Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Regency Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Davita La Habra Dialysis0.59 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430
- Whittier Kidney Dialysis Center1.62 miles away16417 E. Whittier Blvd. Whittier California 90603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (562) 947-8999
- Davita-Whittier Dialysis Center2.14 miles away10055 Whittwood Drive, Suite A Whittier California 90603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (562) 947-1808
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic2.18 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis3.37 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center3.94 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Hacienda Dialysis Center4.32 miles away2020 S. Hacienda Blvd., Suite G Hacienda Heights California 91745Dialysis Stations: 19 (626) 968-9558
- Davta Rowland Heights Dialysis4.69 miles away17875 Colima Rd, Suite A Rowland Heights California 91748Dialysis Stations: 33 (626) 964-5849