Park Place Christian Community is a facility in Elmhurst, Illinois. The city has a total of 46,371 people. This facility is one of the most impressive facilities we looked at. In fact, it received the most impressive score. We really can't say enough favorable things about this facility. As you can find below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Park Place Christian Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Elmhurst, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Elmhurst, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Elmhurst, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this category. In our short-term care score, we endeavor to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This high end nursing home also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Place Christian Community?
This nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. It received one of our best grades in that category with an A. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our final area, we awarded this nursing home an A for its nursing grade. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Our nursing score is based on a handful of factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Place Christian Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Place Christian Community, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Place Christian Community, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Place Christian Community, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Place Christian Community, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Place Christian Community, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Place Christian Community, 30.45% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Place Christian Community, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Place Christian Community, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Place Christian Community, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Place Christian Community, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Place Christian Community, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Place Christian Community, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Elmhurst, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Elmhurst, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center0.07 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446
- Nx Stage Kidney Care1.17 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa2.05 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933
- Fmc - Westchester2.29 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies3.21 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis3.53 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.52 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.52 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306