Park Place Christian Community is a facility in Elmhurst, Illinois. The city has a total of 46,371 people. This facility is one of the most impressive facilities we looked at. This nursing home was given one of the most impressive scores that we offer. We flat out can not say enough good things about this place. As you will find below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Park Place Christian Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1150 Euclid Avenue,
Elmhurst IL 60126
94.05% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Elmhurst, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Elmhurst, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Elmhurst, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is more often than not a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Place Christian Community?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. Adding to its high-end profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a of A in the area. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.113205 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final category, this nursing home also was awarded a first-rate nursing rating, with a B+. This wrapped up an elite profile. The nursing grade assesses several components, but the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Place Christian Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Place Christian Community, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Place Christian Community, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients which had falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Place Christian Community, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Place Christian Community, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Place Christian Community, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Place Christian Community, 31.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Place Christian Community, 87.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Place Christian Community, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Place Christian Community, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Place Christian Community, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Place Christian Community, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Place Christian Community, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center0.07 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446
- Nx Stage Kidney Care1.17 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa2.05 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933
- Fmc - Westchester2.29 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies3.21 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis3.53 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.52 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.52 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306