Park Place Christian Community is one of four nursing homes located in Elmhurst, Illinois. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite facilities we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system requires superb scores across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top five nursing homes in Illinois. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are equally strong as its overall rating.
Park Place Christian Community
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1150 Euclid Avenue,
Elmhurst IL 60126
94.05% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This high end facility also performed remarkably in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities performed better in this area. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. This nursing home provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is usually a favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the nation in this area with 70.8 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Place Christian Community?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home also was awarded an A+ long-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of elite nursing hour statistics, this facility's vaccination records is superb as well. In fact, this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This combination proved to be successful as this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our next area, this facility was awarded a high-end nursing score. We gave it a grade of A in this area, rounding out a straight A profile. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides an incredible 4.8 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Out of this total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this place also excelled in several of the quality measures we looked at. With below five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Place Christian Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Place Christian Community, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Place Christian Community, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Place Christian Community, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Place Christian Community, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Place Christian Community, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Place Christian Community, 29.52% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Place Christian Community, 87.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Place Christian Community, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Place Christian Community, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Place Christian Community, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Elmhurst, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Elmhurst, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center0.07 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446
- Nx Stage Kidney Care1.17 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa2.05 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933
- Fmc - Westchester2.29 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies3.21 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis3.53 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.52 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.52 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306