Park Manor of Westchase is a large nursing home in Houston, Texas. With an overall score of D, this is a subpar facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Park Manor of Westchase
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11910 Richmond Ave,
Houston TX 77082
64.4% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this area, which was much better than its overall grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The second most favorable category we gave this facility in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. Our long-term care ratings are pivotal for patients seeking personal care. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Manor of Westchase?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility averaged just 3.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. In addition to its below average nursing hour totals, this facility earned poor marks in some of the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing ratings. We found that more of this place's patients experienced falls leading to serious injury. We believe that many falls could be avoided with better nursing care. This statistic contributed to this place receiving a terrible nursing rating.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. In forming these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. It appears that this place was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the data we considered. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home a bit in this area as well, with just 47.8 percent of its patients returning home. This was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Manor of Westchase Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Manor of Westchase, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Manor of Westchase, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Manor of Westchase, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Manor of Westchase, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Manor of Westchase, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Manor of Westchase, 4.7% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Manor of Westchase, 95.06% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Manor of Westchase, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Manor of Westchase, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Manor of Westchase, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Manor of Westchase, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Manor of Westchase, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 55 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 10.84 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Bannack Dialysis, LLC0.46 miles away12606 West Park Drive Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 679-1848
- West Point Dialysis0.94 miles away12051 Westpark Drive Suite 100 Houston Texas 77082CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 920-4892
- Westminster Dialysis1.16 miles away12121 Westheimer Rd Ste 138 Houston Texas 77077Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 493-9046
- Dsi Chinatown Home, LLC2.88 miles away7329 W Houston Parkway S Suite 101b Houston Texas 77072Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 773-2124
- Dsi Chinatown Hemodialysis, LLC2.88 miles away7329 W Houston Parkway S, Suite 101b Houston Texas 77072Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 773-2124
- Davita - Memorial Dialysis Center3.58 miles away11621 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77079CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (281) 558-5702
- Pharis Dialysis, LLC3.62 miles away8486 Bellaire Blvd. Houston Texas 77036Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 774-0309
- Houston Kidney Ctr Southwest3.76 miles away9980 West Sam Houston Pkwy South Suite 100 Houston Texas 77099CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 530-1905