Park Manor of Cypress Station is located in Houston, Texas, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. This facility received an alarming overall score based on the data we looked at. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Houston, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. This place's only redeeming feature is its inspection score, which you can find additional information about below.
Park Manor of Cypress Station
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received an impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. Our inspection grades are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's second best category is long-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this category, it still performed relatively poorly. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Manor of Cypress Station?
Short-term Care Quality
Our next category we assessed was short-term care, in which this nursing home was given an F. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The final area we rated was nursing. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal score. Nursing scores are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This facility averaged just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Manor of Cypress Station Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents which experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Manor of Cypress Station, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 0.15 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.6 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Fresenius Medical Care Northside Dialysis, LLC0.4 miles away235 Fm 1960 Rd W Ste 235c Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 583-4698
- Houston Kidney Center Cypress Station0.76 miles away72 Cypress Creek Pkwy Houston Texas 77090CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (281) 580-6157
- North Park Dialysis Center0.81 miles away324 Fm 1960 E Suite 104 Houston Texas 77073Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 443-2209
- Spring Dialysis0.99 miles away607 Timberdale Lane, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 18 (281) 880-7066
- Romano Woods Dialysis Center1.39 miles away16910 Mathis Church Road Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 893-6300
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC3.2 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC3.89 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Cypress Creek Dialysis7.77 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262