Park Health a Villa Center is in the large metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. The nursing homes in Minneapolis received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in Minnesota to find a nursing home. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Park Health a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Health a Villa Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also received favorable short-term care grades this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B. Short-term care grades are crucial for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility was awarded a respectable long-term care grade of C. In determining these long-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 88.32117 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Health a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Health a Villa Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Health a Villa Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Health a Villa Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Health a Villa Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Health a Villa Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Health a Villa Center, 4.58% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Health a Villa Center, 93.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Health a Villa Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Health a Villa Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Health a Villa Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Health a Villa Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Health a Villa Center, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 3.84 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis0.98 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita1.62 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Davita - Uptown2.37 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis2.96 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.3.7 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita4 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit4.35 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Edina Dialysis of Davita4.48 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371