Park Bend Sn Health Center is a nursing home in Austin, Texas which has a population of 940,359 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires solid marks in most areas. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a solid choice for quite a few people. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Park Bend Sn Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Bend Sn Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility received a B- in this category. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.23189 percent of its patients. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home was awarded a respectable short-term care score of C. Our short-term care ratings are probably more meaningful for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Bend Sn Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents which had UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Bend Sn Health Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 7.26 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Nna - North0.22 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin0.52 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Dialysis Metric2.12 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Madison Dialysis, LLC2.57 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis4.05 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc4.09 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.96 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- Round Rock Dialysis6.55 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797