Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center is located in Tucson, Arizona. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 880,383 people. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is an elite grade. This grade is even better than the city grade of B+ in Tucson, which is also an impressive grade. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant scores, this facility was awarded first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A- in that category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.597595 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The next area we scored is nursing, where this facility was given a grade of B-. This actually is this nursing home's least impressive category. This is nevertheless not a bad grade. Our nursing score consists of quite a few components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which had a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 81.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 20 other nursing homes
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.79 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 4.82 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 5.74 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit0.78 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)1.06 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)1.67 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)2.01 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis (Dva)3.07 miles away1780 W Anklam Rd Tucson Arizona 85745CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (520) 624-2220
- Swan Dialysis3.71 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- South Tucson Dialysis (Fmc)3.89 miles away2802 South 6th Ave Tucson Arizona 85713Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 792-2999
- Tucson South Dialysis (Dva)4.73 miles away3662 S 16th Ave Tucson Arizona 85713CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (520) 882-9665