Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township is a senior living facility in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, a city with a population of 36,535 people. This turns out to be an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest grade. In fact, we ranked this facility number 142 in the nation. This puts it in the top one percentile of all facilities. As you can find below, this facility performed equally well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jul 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
240 Cedar Hill Dr,
Canonsburg PA 15317
77.33% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this facility so highly is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as strong as it gets in this category. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a impressive long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's third most impressive category grade. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our last area, this facility also received a first-rate nursing score, with an A. This rounded out a first-rate report card. The nursing grade assesses quite a few factors, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Canonsburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Canonsburg, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Dci of Hillpointe2.76 miles away131 Hillpointe Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Dialysis Stations: 23 (724) 873-1242
- Liberty Dialysis - Southpointe3.41 miles away1200 Corporate Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 745-5565
- Davita - Bethel Park6.79 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills7.71 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Oak Springs Dialysis8.12 miles away764 Locust Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 229-7377
- Dci of Washington8.73 miles away280 North Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 229-8834
- Liberty Dialysis - Washington9.49 miles away90 West Chestnut Street 100 East Wing Washington Pennsylvania 15301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 228-7398
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis9.68 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007