Located in Papillion, Nebraska, Papillion Manor is one of just three available nursing homes in this area. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-graded facilities we assessed. A score in this range requires excellent marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. Headlining this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall score, we gave this facility an A+ for inspections. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. We weighed the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Papillion Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 88.84758 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly less than we expected but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of A-. This finished off a very strong report card. Not many facilities received an A- or better in each of our categories. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more important for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Papillion Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Papillion Manor, 5.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Papillion Manor, 4.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Papillion Manor, 3.69% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Papillion Manor, 18.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Papillion Manor, 19.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Papillion Manor, 4.27% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Papillion Manor, 93.22% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Papillion Manor, 15.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Papillion Manor, 21.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In Papillion Manor, 1.25 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Papillion Manor, 21.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Papillion Manor, 8.88 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Papillion Manor, 77.94% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Chi Health MidlandsAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away11111 South 84th St Papillion Nebraska 68046Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 593-3000
- Bellevue Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away2500 Bellevue Medical Center Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Proprietary(402) 763-3600
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 7.49 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc3.91 miles away4112 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska 68123Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 934-9560
- Fmc - Nebraska Home Dialysis5.58 miles away2916 S 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68124Dialysis Stations: 1 (402) 393-2865
- Dci - Spring Street5.67 miles away7070 Spring Street Omaha Nebraska 68106Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 505-8004
- Omaha South Dialysis6.16 miles away3339 L Street Omaha Nebraska 68107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 734-0772
- Cornhusker Dialysis6.36 miles away505 Cornhusker Rd #107 Bellevue Nebraska 68005Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 292-2813
- Rai Care Center7.21 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center7.52 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Omaha West Dialysis8.43 miles away13014 W. Dodge Rd. Omaha Nebraska 68154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (402) 445-8950