Panorama Meadows Nursing Center is one of a mere two available nursing homes located in Panorama City, California. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This place has a few things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Panorama Meadows Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
We awarded this facility one of our better scores in nursing, with an A-. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. In determining a facility's nursing score, we consider the quantity of hours nurses are with patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Remarkably, this facility actually received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Panorama Meadows Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final area is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. In computing these long-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Panorama Meadows Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 10.86 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis0.46 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center1.23 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis1.53 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis1.61 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis2.44 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771
- Fmc-Van Nuys2.91 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- Holy Cross Renal Center3.01 miles away14901 Rinaldi Street, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (818) 365-6961
- Fmc-Mission Hills3.01 miles away11550 Indian Hills Road, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (818) 898-1724