Panorama Meadows Nursing Center is one of a mere two available nursing homes located in Panorama City, California. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This place has a few things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Panorama Meadows Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
14857 Roscoe Boulevard,
Panorama City CA 91402
92.34% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to having a decent overall score, we also wanted to note that this nursing home received favorable nursing marks this year. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This proved to be the facility's top score. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category grades was in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. Our short-term care scores are important for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Panorama Meadows Nursing Center?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this facility has earned respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility received a C in long-term care, which we consider to be a decent rating. In our long-term care score, we focus on the amount of services offered by a nursing home, along with a series of quality data points. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Panorama Meadows Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Panorama Meadows Nursing Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 10.86 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis0.46 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center1.23 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis1.53 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis1.61 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis2.44 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771
- Fmc-Van Nuys2.91 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- Holy Cross Renal Center3.01 miles away14901 Rinaldi Street, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (818) 365-6961
- Fmc-Mission Hills3.01 miles away11550 Indian Hills Road, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (818) 898-1724